No, we have not fallen off the face of the earth. As far as I know we are still living in the back hills of East Tennessee. It seems so overwhelming when you get behind on your posts, but I will catch you up as good and short as I can. Oh, and I went to get my camera, and it has disappeared. So, hopefully later I can just throw on a bunch of pictures and call it good.
We have successfully moved into our new house (see previous post for a picture). We moved in on August 15th. I was sure we would be all settled in by now, HAH! Maybe a year from now. We have a lot more space, I am just horrible at organizing and finding spots for everything. It's nice though, we really do love our house and our yard. Randy's new nickname is (thanks Analisa!) Handy Randy. No, not because I am pregnant with our third child, (true story I am due April 16th), but because he is always finding ways to improve our home and reasons to use his vast supply of tools. He has installed a counter top in our laundry room, hung shelves in closets, hung curtains, installed blinds, put up towel racks and a shelf in our bathroom, and all sorts of fun guy stuff I suppose. He has also planted tooooooooons of grass for our yard and is endlessly watering every night. He is also #1 in his fantasy football league. What a husband!!!
What have I been up to? I spent a lot of time in the bathroom and on the couch the last couple weeks. Nausea, fatigue, vomiting, didn't I just do this? Yes, the answer is yes, I did just do this. I spent four months of bliss not being pregnant, and now... well anyway, I am about 10 weeks now and thanks goodness by some miracle I have been feeling pretty good the last few days. We have the cutest neighbors, you might call our street retirement lane, it has lots of cute old folk on it. Well, one of my neighbors told me to call her 'Ganny', she's 83 I think, she is going to teach me how to sew. I'm soooo excited. I bought some patterns and fabric and am ready to go.
Charlie just woke up from his nap and is yelling so I have to hurry now. Kay, Charlie is the best eater EVER! He loves to eat baby food. Even if he makes a face like it's completely disgusting, he opens his mouth and wants more or he'll scream at you. He is a roley poley and is starting to get around just by rolling all over the place. No signs of crawling yet, but he is super cute anyway.
Mabel has been going to preschool once a week for 3 weeks now. 3 other women from church and I rotate teaching 4 kids once a week for 2 hours. Mabel loves school, though the other moms tell me she won't say a word when she's at their houses. She does talk people, she's starting to talk nonstop actually, but she is a shy little booger and I am trying to get her to open up. I think preschool will be good for her. Mabel and Charlie are becoming good friends. Charlie lights up whenever Mable talks to him and she can get him to giggle pretty easy. It is so sweet to watch them love each other. Yes, occasionally Mabel accidentally pushes a play chalkboard onto his head giving him a goose egg on his head, and then he might accidentally drop a really hard plastic elmo on her head during bath time and give her an equally large bump and bruise, but it's all love I tell you. Kay Charlie is mad now, so I'll post pictures when I find the camera.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am glad you have been feeling ok for at least a few days now. Ugh...that "morning" sickness junk is absolutely horrible. And then taking care of other people on top of that is even harder. But, it's worth it, right? hahahaha...I try to remind myself everyday that being pregnant is a good thing because I really wonder sometimes...
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the unpacking!! We look forward to pictures whenever you find your camera...I am sure it is laying in a stash of toys somewhere (our remotes always are).
It sounds like you guys are doing great! And with a baby on the way, congrats!
ReplyDeleteI love hearing what you are all up too! That is awesome that you are doing preschool with other kids, that's a great idea. I bet Mable will be talking to other people in no time. I cannot wait to see you guys! Oh yeah, for Thanksgiving we are going to Rick and Sams, since they wont be able to travel. So we need to plan a trip down to see you guys. Let me know if anytime wont work and then I'll see when Nate can get a few extra days off (we are slowing down so it shouldn't be hard).
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the pregnancy! I had no idea. I think you are amazing. Two is plenty for me!!! I can't wait to see pictures of your house. We will know where we are headed at the end of the month. It is looking like either North Carolina or South Carolina.
ReplyDeleteThat is exactly my problem. The camera has a habit of just getting up and walking away. When I do find it, it has random pictures of Matilda's feet and weird shots of Max's head. I think it must be stalking my kids.
ReplyDelete