I think we might fit in with these southerners just fine. Last night Randy was talking to me and what word slipped out of his mouth that caused Randy to stop talking and turn a slight shade of pink as my mouth dropped open in shock and horror? You might have to shield sensitive eyes as you read. Randy said the F word, I kid you not. FIXIN'!!! FIXIN'!!! It was mostly shocking. He tried to defend himself, but I don't know if I can ever forgive him. What has the world come to when a nice boy from a dirty river town in Iowa starts dropping F bombs in casual conversation? We just may have to talk with our bishop, and seeing as the bishop is from Utah, I know he will understand the seriousness of the situation.
On a side note, I visited the dentist last week and had a tooth pulled. I think we are adapting nicely to our new environment. So far, no one from Tennessee reads this blog. Just know that we tease because we love. At least, that's why my mom told me my brothers teased me. Hmmmmm......
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hahahaha...it's about time fixin popped out! But, I do have to say that even through all my years of living in the South (and being raised by a deeply Southern rooted mom) I have yet to utter that word. Ha! But, I do say "buggy" for shopping cart, so maybe that's just about the same...we can't wait for Mabel to start picking up a cute little accent!!
ReplyDeleteI would get a second opinion on that whole tooth pulling business next time. I wonder if you had a second opinion from somewhere other than Tennessee if they would just fix it instead of pull it. Just a thought...Ricky
ReplyDelete