Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I love you Nauvoo

So we finally made it back to Nauvoo. I think it has been 3 years. I looooooove Nauvoo. We made it a quick trip, but it was still pretty fun. After the 1 1/2 car ride, we headed to pioneer pastimes to let the kids get their wiggles out. Apparently, pioneer children enjoyed riding on sheep. Interesting...


Pioneer children also enjoyed cooking,

cleaning,
teddy bear races,

and according to Faye, sticking their tongues out.

We went to the Relief Society garden. Mabel stood next to one of the statues.

On our wagon ride through the outskirts of town, all three of our kids fell asleep. Nice.


We also purchased some pioneer bonnets. Here are the kids trying them out on the ride home.

It was too short of a visit. We only drove by the temple and didn't make it to any of the houses. But at least we made it. Maybe in three more years our kids will appreciate it more and we can spend some more time. Nauvoo is probably my most favorite place ever. Ahhhhh (sigh).

No comments:

Post a Comment