So here is the quickest update I think I can give. We celebrated 2 birthdays in February. Charlie had the big 1.0. The first birthday is always the best in my opinion. I made him our traditional teddy bear cake for the first birthday.

We gave him a tie to look more manly.


Charlie tried to grab the candle a couple of times, but was unsuccessful.

This is his cake face. I believe he enjoyed it.

This is Randy and Mabel's cake face. Seems they enjoyed it also.

Here's Charlie with some new toys and Dory's tail, his favorite part of her.

Here's Randy's "surprise" birthday cupcakes. Randy went to church early on his birthday and as soon as he was out the door I made some cupcakes as quickly as possible. I told Mabel it was a surprise and she shouldn't tell Daddy. During sacrament meeting she looked at Randy and said, "Daddy, Mommy made cupcakes!" Then she looked at me and remembered what I said, so to recover she said, "Shhhhhh, but don't tell. It's a surprise!" We laughed as quietly as possible.

Surprise! Happy 27th Birthday!

So, somehow we have survived the last few months. We have had recurring sickness, strange weather and of course, the most uncomfortable pregnancy I have ever endured. Randy was called as the Young Men's President in January. He has been doing YM things, I have been doing primary things. Mabel loves going to school and learning. She asks me everyday to practice her letter sounds. She does very well at knowing which letter makes what sound. Charlie.... what happened to my sweet baby boy! He left for awhile. We had a new Charlie join us for several months called, Teething Charlie. Wow! That is all I have to say, wow! But, recently, my sweet baby boy has rejoined us and I remembered that, oh yeah, I guess Charlie is pretty cute.
Yesterday I went in for a sonogram. They think the baby is around 9lbs. 3oz. That's right. Imagine holding that on your stomach all day. My back and legs frequently protest against this child. So, I go in on Monday to talk with my Dr. and it looks like they will probably induce me next week so she can make it out. My official due date is April 9th, so it would only be one week early. Both Mabel and Charlie came a week early on their own, so we will see who is faster, the Dr.'s or my body. The race is on and I don't care who wins as long as she comes out next week!
Oh I love your kids. They are way too cute. We definitely need to get together sometime this summer. I think we only live four hours away. Maybe a camping trip in the mountains or something. Good luck with everything with the pregnancy and birth. Can't wait to see pictures.
ReplyDeleteHOORAY!!!! I am glad you updated us on everyone. And Charlie is the cutest little thing I have ever seen. Love that cake face...I think he enjoyed it. And I think you should make my kids' cakes because mine always turn out pretty lame.
ReplyDeleteAnd woah, you are almost done baking that baby...hang in there!! Hopefully she'll be compliant and come a week early on her own. We can't wait for the news and pictures!! Love and miss you guys.