Sunday, December 6, 2009

Time Flies

Look at this kid. Isn't he precious?!





Wow, has it been two months since my last post? These fall months just seem to fly by. If I was really cool I would make up a little jig to the tune of The Twelve Days of Christmas about the last couple of months. I'm not though, so I will just tell you with pictures and words.

Well, there was Halloween. We did the Halloween thing. Then there was Thanksgiving. Grandma and Grandpa Teed came to visit with Uncle Danny or "Dan" as he goes by now apparently. (Nice try Danny, we'll probably always call you Danny!) There's a picture of Mabel reading her magazine with Grandpa as he reads the paper at the table. It was way fun to see family, but even more fun to play nonstop games as our children screamed in the background for the lack of attention.

So now it's Christmas and we are doing the Christmas thing I guess. We went to a hockey game which was fun. There is a picture of Mabel sitting by herself holding her bear. She did not want to leave because her bear was sleeping there. Then we had our first snow! It was fun to see snow after being in Texas for a winter. Mabel loved it! Charlie thought it was an interesting but strange substance not suitable for eating. That is a big deal because Charlie eats EVERYTHING!!! That's right, all caps and 3 exclamations everything. We also had a tree fall and take down the power lines for our small neighborhood. Whooops! Randy was so excited, he got to use his Christmas present, a chainsaw, to cut up the tree. Thanks, Mom and Dad! I hold you responsible for the future doctor bills of missing fingers, toes, or limbs (arm and leg limbs, not tree limbs). My parents bought the chainsaw for Randy, by the way.

Here's an update for me. I have been called as the primary president in our ward. I want you to know that being president will not change who I am. So for my close friends and family, nothing formal, just call me pres. Hey, that's just who I am, right? After primary today, I am beyond thrilled to go on our vacation next Sunday and get a break, even though I just started...hmmm...
We are heading to Mexico on a cruise next week. This is our family vacation for this year. It's my cushy president salary. We are going at the last possible time because of my pregnancy.

KEEP READING! Almost done. For the official announcement, we are having a...GIRL!!! She is due on April 9th. Anything else?! Oh yeah, I got a solo for the Christmas program in our ward choir. I'm so proud! I'm also exhausted. So I will try and keep up with our lives now. I should definitely post pictures of our vacation. Keep checking in, you won't be disappointed.


















Mabel wearing our Christmas stockings.

Just like Grandpa.

Randy using his killer boyscout skills to build a fort for the kids.







3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the calling and on another girl. Any names picked out? I can't believe how big Charlie is getting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie! Oh my goodness is Charlie so cute! I love those pictures of him. I love Mabel's smile... I think she looks like the Cindy Lou from who ville :) She looks like a who! You guys are so much fun and I am so glad you posted a blog. Have fun on your trip and take lots of pics. Hopefully someday you guys will get to meet Hannah and I need to give the bassinet, the gilr clothes, and the swing back! Miss you and take care of you Pres.!

    Love,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete