Friday, October 29, 2010

Princess and Pirate Party

So for Mabel's birthday this year, I decided to do a party. It was mostly for me, not so much for Mabel. I wanted to make it pirate themed, and she was all for it. But then I asked her if she wanted to dress up like a pirate or a princess, and of course the princess won. BUT, we invited boys, so we made it princesses and pirates. All of the games were pirate games and I even dressed up like a pirate and drew a mustache on my face. I think most of the kids were like, what is the primary president doing with a mustache? But I had fun and that's the point right? It was all about me...I mean Mabel.
This was the best cake I have ever done. Not because it looked the nicest, but because it took me about 35 minutes to decorate it. I thought it would take hours!
So it is really interesting watching your children develop their own personalities. Lately I have noticed Mabel is becoming the giggler. She giggles at everything! It is really cute. She starts giggling and everyone else has to laugh too because it is infectious.
Here they are playing pop the cannon ball.
They did a treasure hunt and had to find tokens along the way. This is Randy in his pirate outfit(I got him to dress up!) helping out.

Cake time.
Charlie was a pirate too and I gave him the cutest little mustache!
Here are the kids enjoying the cake. We did face painting too.
Here is movie time at the end. The kids really got into it. Silence...
I asked Mabel what her favorite part of her party was and she told me the cake. What a good girl!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like Mabel had one fun party! Where is the picture of you as a pirate? ;) I will be posting on my blog soon... I have been avoiding it...not sure why but I have been :) You guys are so fun! The cake was great!

    ReplyDelete