Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sleeping babies?!

To start with, I would like to mention our lack of TV and internet for about 4 days. Mabel cried when her cartoons wouldn't come on. Then when our TV was hooked back up they conveniently plugged up all the channels we aren't suppose to get, whoops! Randy cried when ESPN was plugged up.

Now to vent my frustrations. I just read my friends blog (Kristen, that's you) and she said her 3 month old is sleeping through the night. As I write, tears are beginning to pour down my face. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!! COME ON! Some of my other friends were talking about their babies sleeping through the night too. My kids are HORRIBLE sleepers, until they turn one. Which means, Charlie turned one in February and Faye was born April 1st. COME ON! My new year's resolution is, 'No Babies in 2011'.

Here's the moral of the story. If your baby is a good sleeper, just shut up. Ahhhhhhhh, all right. I think I'm better now. If I have offended anyone in anyway it is only because of my sleepless nights that my temper flares. Love.

4 comments:

  1. hahahahaha...yeah, the whole not sleeping through the night crap gets old REALLY, REALLY fast. And makes you go crazy. I think temper flares are totally ok. And I think Randy owes you a Hawaii trip, right?? Or at least a night in a hotel all to yourself to actually sleep for once. ahhhh...

    And I am joining you in that New Years resolution. Grad school and kids was not a good combo for me this year, and I want some sleep, too, dang it. Btw Allie does sleep most of the time, but Caleb is the one who keeps waking me up asking to use the potty, wanting to crawl in bed, etc. arggh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post. I totally feel the same way you do. My kids are "okay" sleepers now but were terrible for a long, long time. The one reason we don't have a third is because I'm terrified of the lack of sleep b/c of a bad sleeper. Your amazing because you can handle three.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie If I could I would send some of my kids good sleeping skills your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister's baby is 5 months old and waking up every 2 or 3 hours at night still. EVERY night. She is slowly going crazy!

    ReplyDelete