Friday, June 24, 2011

San Diego

So in April I had an AMAZING opportunity to go on a trip with Randy. Randy was sent to San Diego for his company and we conned Grandma and Grandpa Teed into watching the kids so I could go visit him for four of the most amazing days of my life! Who is that? Is that mom Katie? No no my friend, that was just me, Katie. I didn't have to yell, 'No! Stop that! Quit fighting! Be nice! Share! TIME OUT!' once. Well maybe I yelled, 'Stop that!' at Randy once, but otherwise I just got to be me and enjoy the peace and quiet of no children for a few days. Ahhhh, just thinking about it brings tears of joy to my eyes.

Ahhhhh, this was the end of the first day, watching the sunset on the beach. We actually ended up on a roller coaster while the sun set, so it was even more cool! One of Randy's co-workers flew his wife up for the weekend also, so we even got to hang out with another couple which made it even more fun. I'm pretty sure I wet my pants laughing as we walked along this beach with them! Thanks Doug and Noe! Good times.
We had to go do a session at the San Diego temple. Our hotel was about 15 minutes away, so we went a couple times to the temple grounds just to take pictures and enjoy how breathtakingly beautiful this temple is. It is HUGE. I got lost in it a couple of times!

I took this picture with my dinky camera. I mean, this temple is so beautiful, you don't have to be an amazing photographer.





I went to a museum with the other girl who came to visit. We had a great day wondering San Diego. The museum we visited had a display about games. If you know me, you know I LOVE games!

I love this quote.

This museum also had a random display of C3PO. Cool huh?! So I didn't document my trip with pictures very well, but it was amazing. I had the best Mexican food of my life, went to the beach, a comedy club, shopping, the gas lamp district, the temple, gardens, a museum. We crammed it all in. I have to say a special thanks to the Teeds! I so needed that. The moral of the story is, if you can get away from your kids, do. And when you go home they look way cuter!


1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a great trip! Jeremy and I are actually headed on our first trip alone this week. My parents arrive tomorrow to watch the kids. I'm so nervous but so excited!

    ReplyDelete